The doctors take blood samples between 8am-2 pm daily. The samples are couriered to St. James Hospital. The results take on average a week to return to the practice.
Some tests need a fasting period beforehand, like for example a cholesterol profile sample. Please ask the doctor beforehand if this is necessary for the particular test.
Common blood tests include-
- Full blood count/iron and vitamin B levels
- Hepatitis B and C/HIV/Syphilis
- Female hormone levels/Rubella antibiodies
- Male hormone levels/Prostate antibodies
- If there are other specific tests requested please ask the doctor and they can check out where best to send the samples if the local lab do not process them.