If you have clinical symptoms please book an appointment with the doctor -Tel /Video and In person are available.

If it is felt by the doctor  you need time off ,and in order for the doctor to provide you with relevant social welfare form you will need to have your PPS number to hand.

 Re Covid 19 Social Welfare Certification

There are only two circumstances, when GPs can sign  social welfare certs: 

1). If you have  been diagnosed with COVID 19

 2). If  you are waiting swab tests and were told by a GP to self-isolate

Before you can be paid ,you must post back form IB (illness benefit)to the Social Welfare Office.

Call 1890 800 024 or 01-2481398 between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday to get an application form.


If you choose to self isolate and not to work front line, because of concerns about your risk of COVID 19 exposure, this has to be dealt with via your employer and Occupational Health Dept.

Please use email for all social welfare queries to ensure phone lines are kept available for items of clinical concern.